The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is closely monitoring an outbreak of respiratory illness caused by the coronavirus and has a website with the latest information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
AAA Travel continues to monitor the situation and is in regular contact with our travel partners. Many travel providers, including airlines, hotels, cruise lines and tour operators, have altered itineraries and adjusted their policies in response to the outbreak. Please contact a AAA travel agent for more information. We’re here to help with travel plans and to answer questions.
Tips for travelers
- Stay informed and remain vigilant when traveling, and heed all official advisories.
- Discuss your travel plans with your healthcare provider. Older adults and travelers with underlying health issues may be at risk for more severe disease.
- Travel with all necessary travel documentation, including health insurance cards and extra medication.
- Consult your travel professional or travel providers for any changes to travel plans or requirements. AAA travel counselors are available to assist members.
- Know the nearest location of and contact information for the U.S. embassy or consulate to contact them in case of an emergency. Also, enroll in the State Department’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP).
More information can be found at:
World Health Organization
Allianz Global Assistance Travel Insurance
U.S. Coverage Alert - 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)