Arrive ready with local currency - wherever and whenever you travel
Paying for products and services when traveling outside the country can cause inconvenience and extra costs unless you have local currency. Carrying local currency ensures that you are able to pay easily and with the knowledge that you have not been charged additional costs.
For your convenience, AAA now offers Foreign Currency Banknotes and Travelex CashPax™.
- Arrive with local currency for taxis, tips and a bite-to-eat.
- Become familiar with local banknotes and coins before departure.
- Spend less time standing in airport foreign currency queues.
Aim to arrive at your destination ready for anything with local currency in hand. We have the right mix of products available to you:
- Foreign Currency Banknotes
- Available in more than 70 currencies.
- Competitive exchange rates.
- Travelex CashPax™
- Prepackaged currency and coins.
- Available in Canadian Dollars, Euros, British Pounds, Australian Dollars, Japanese Yen, Mexican Pesos & Swiss Francs.
- Travelex CashPax™ can be purchased at all AAA Service Centers.
VISA® TravelMoney® Card
Safe. Secure. Reloadable.
VISA® TravelMoney® Card is a prepaid reloadable VISA debit card which offers travelers a safe and convenient alternative to travelers checks and cash. Can be used everywhere VISA credit and debit cards are accepted.
- Security and Convenience - Carry the card that provides the security of travelers checks and the convenience of a VISA card.
- Easy to Use - Make purchases at millions of merchants worldwide that accept VISA debit cards including restaurants and shops. Obtain local currency at any VISA ATM around the world and avoid standing in line to exchange foreign currency.
- Emergency Card and Cash Replacement - With VISA® TravelMoney® you can obtain emergency card and cash replacement virtually anywhere in the world, generally within one business day by calling 1-800-VISA-911 (1-800-8472-911).
- Lost/Stolen Card Reporting - Makes it easy to report a lost or stolen VISA® TravelMoney® card. Just call 1-800-VISA-911, or from outside the U.S., call collect 0-410-581-9994.
- Reloadable from anywhere - Cards can be reloaded where the cards were purchased, online, or by phone.
- Extra protection - Lost Luggage Reimbursement, Purchase Security, travel and emergency assistance.
- Email Alerts - Increase your awareness of your card account charges with instant alerts on your cell phone each time your card is used. Call by 1-866-674-9621 to set up your alert notification.
- Initial loads must between $100.00 and $9,999.00
- Members pay $4.95 per card and non-members pay $10.95
- Up to 3 companion cards are available at card origination only for $1.50 each
- $100.00 minimum reloads are free and unlimited.
VISA® Gift Cards
Always the right gift!
VISA® Gift Card is a prepaid VISA debit card and can be used everywhere VISA debit cards are accepted. You choose the value! $10-$500.
No more worries about size, fit or duplications…with the VISA® Gift Card, your loved ones can shop at millions of merchants and make their purchases in the store, online or through a catalog.
You set the amount for this prepaid card, from $10 to $500. Each purchase is deducted from the card until there's no longer a balance - the card isn't connected to your bank or credit accounts. It's easy to check the card's balance online, on the phone, or even through many merchants. And, since it's protected by VISA, once registered by the recipient, the gift card can be replaced if lost or stolen.
- $4.95 - AAA members
- $6.95 - Non-AAA members (available at AAA Service Centers only)
Effective June 25, 2012: Due to the costly merchant fees associated with accepting credit and debit cards for the purchase of Travelers Cheques, TravelMoney and Gift Cards, and Foreign Currency, AAA Tidewater Virginia regrets that effective June 25, 2012, only Cash and Cashier's Checks will be accepted for purchasing these products.