AAA Defensive Driving Classes
AAA Defensive Driving ClassesDriver Improvement/Point Reduction Classes
This program is aimed at reducing traffic crashes and tickets. This program meets all the requirements of the Department of Motor Vehicles for point reduction, and satisfies court requirements in the State of Virginia. Attendance in AAA's driver improvement class will increase a driver's understanding of the concept of risk by explaining the skills associated with seeing, communicating, adjusting speed, margin of safety and driving emergencies. When you're driving, risk is always present. Learn how to alter the level of risk and become a better driver.
AAA Defensive Driving classes cover these important aspects of driving:
- SEEING. How to use your eyes effectively. Many drivers don't know how.
- COMMUNICATING. How to "read" traffic and communicate with other drivers.
- ADJUSTING SPEED. Factors that a driver must be aware of to determine safe speed.
- MARGIN OF SAFETY. Keeping a safe cushion between your vehicle and other traffic.
- DRIVING EMERGENCIES. The best way to handle emergency situations.
- AGGRESSIVE DRIVING & ROAD RAGE PREVENTION. How to avoid aggressive drivers and prevent being involved in a dangerous event.
Class Meets at AAA Corporate Headquarters
From 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on the Saturdays listed below.
- December 3, 10, 17, 29, 2016* (December 29 class is held on a Thursday)
- January 7, 14, 21, 28, 2017
- February 11, 18, 25
- March 4, 11, 18, 25
- April 1, 15, 22, 29
- May 6, 13, 20, 27
- June 3, 10, 24
- July 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
- August 5, 12, 19, 26
- September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- October 7, 14, 28
- November 4, 11, 18, 25
- December 2, 9, 16, 21*, 28* (December 21 and 28 classes are on Thursdays)
- $63 for AAA members and active duty military
- $70 in advance
- $80 at the door, the day of class
Schedule is subject to change so advance registration is recommended.